Now with international standards
While CAD software from USA and Europe gets a lot of free publicity from industry magazines, software from other parts of the world tends to be ignored -- Asia, Russia, Africa, and so on. There is, for instance, a thriving CAD software industry in Japan, but we don't know about it, because the user interfaces are Japanese and it is written to Japanese standards.
Software firms in Russia suffer the Japan problem: UIs written in Russian, and CAD written to Russian standards. Some firms are breaking out of the mold, such as C3D Labs (geometric kernels), LEDAS Group (consulting), and NanoSoft (CAD software).
Nanosoft last week released nanoCAD Mechanica 8.5 CAD software for preparing mechanical documentation but with a twist. It's available in English and it includes some international standards, including ISO and DIN. It comes with
- A library of parametric parts, such as for bearings, fasteners, springs, gearboxes, and electric motors.
- Calculators for gears, springs, shafts, bearing, and so on.
- Plus all the functions of the underlaying nanoCAD Plus 8.5 CAD system, which is like AutoCAD
- Specifications, such as for wiring
- Lots more parametric parts, such as pulleys, toothed belt drives, gear boxes, tap and gate valves, aviation fasteners, and so on
- Fields for displaying the properties of objects
- Import and export specifications in DBF format
- Angular chain dimensions, and angular ordinate dimensions
- And more.
More information from http://nanocad.com/products/mechanica/