On Android and iOS
Graebert got an early start in mobile, originally writing a CAD program for Windows CE devices back in 2000. Now it is porting the functions of its ARES desktop program to Android and iOS devices.
More details on subs:
- Annual subscription is $250/year
- Perpetual license ($795) with optional annual maintenance of $$199
- or perpectuals can pay $397.50 to upgrade at some later time (ie, 50% of the list price)
ARES Touch for mobile has three modes:
- Full mode has all commands
- Simple Mode provides viewing and simple annotation
- View Mode runs full screen on the mobile device; available in the free version
To encourage free users to pay for the full version, all the commands of the full version are shown but are shown grayed out.
Note that ARES Touch for mobile has many of the APIs found in the desktop, such as LISP, a major failing of Autodesk's mobile apps. Here is a screen grab of the UI of the iOS device. Note that 3D can only be viewed, not edited.