It seems I end up buying several PCs each year, and by "PC" I mean personal computing device, ranging from smartphones to desktop computers.
Last year, the list consisted of:
- new Acer notebook computer for my daughter, to replace her dead HP. $500
- new slim Acer notebook computer for me, powerful enough to run PTC Creo on the road. $600
- new Android smartphone. $25, on a three-year plan
- new Mac Mini to replace the MacBook my other daughter took over. $900
- new cheapo Android tablet. $85
So that was two thousand dollars thrown at the IT industry. I'm really hoping nothing breaks down this year, nothing gets taken over by one of my offspring, that I can save $2,000 or so. The IT industry sure hopes not.