Joris Peels of 3D printing service i.materialis makes 11 gueses for 2011:
- Both Stratasys and Objet will release $5000 desktop 3D printers at Euromold 2011.
- At least five 3D printing startups aimed at consumers will launch during 2011.
- Makerbot will sell more than 10,000 3D printers in 2011.
- 3D Systems will launch a 3D printing service for consumers in 2011.
- Zcorp & EOS will be the only major 3D printer manufacturers not to offer a desktop 3D printer in 2011.
- 3D modeling software vendors will start to offer “light 3D printing” versions of their products
- Bre Pettis will appear on the cover of Bloomberg Businessweek magazine in 2011.
- A designer will have revenues of over one million US dollars with a single 3D printed product in 2011.
- 3D printed products will win at least two Red Dot Design Awards in 2011
And the eye-roller predictions:
- Adobe will buy Autodesk in 2011.
- Microsoft buys Dassault Systemes in 2011.