The complaint charges that Dodge hired consultants to subscribe to RCD's confidential data under the cover of fake names and companies. Dodge then allegedly manipulated the information to create misleading comparisons between Dodge's and RCD’s products and services in an effort to mislead the marketplace.
Reed is mad enough to throw the whole book at McGraw:
- Misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Misappropriation of confidential information.
- Unfair competition.
- Tortious interference with prospective economic advantage.
- Violation of New York's general business law.
- Violation of the RICO Act.
- RICO conspiracy.
- Unjust enrichment.
- Attempted monopolization.
Reed is upset enough to hire a pr firm to publicize the misdeeds of its competitor, and even set up a Web site for voyeurs to monitor the suit's progress through the courts: www.reedconstructiondata.com/mhcdodgesuit