Because changes are not obvious, Bricsys ceo Erik De Keyser yesterday emailed me the list of new-to-10 features:
- Smooth view panning, independent of drawing size.
- Entities highlight when the cursor hovers over them.
- Hold down Shift+spacebar, and then click to cycle through overlapping entities.
- Hold down Shift to select multiple grips, and then move or copy them simultaneously.
- In 3D views, the z-axis tracking path is now available.
- The From entity snap lets users define offsets from existing points.
- Gradient hatches in nine patterns and one or two colors.
- Automatically-updating fields in mtext.
- Arc length dimensions.
- Draw rectangles by area, or length and width.
- Block Units for insertion in different units.
- PDF Export using plot style tables.
- eTransmit packaging of drawing and uploading to Bricsys' Vondle project management site.
- Drawing password protection.
COM API for toolbar and menu customization.
The readme file for version 10.1.4-1 has more details on new features:
- MrSID format raster image files supported.
- PASTEORIG paste entities at their original location.
- Memory used to process TrueType font text has been reduced up to a factor of twenty.
- Hatches display 5x faster.
- Faster selection and snapping to plines and splines.