Some CAD vendors use their own home-grown solids modeling kernel, like think3 and Autodesk. Most use a kernel from Dassault Systemes (Spatial ACIS) or UGS (ParaSolid). It's good to see what's in the new release of a kernel, because then you know what to expect in a future release of the MCAD software you use.
New in ParaSolid v18:
- Finer user control in local editing.
- More ways to thicken, taper, and emboss.
- Enhanced blending and filleting in tightly-curved regions.
- Localized behavior for hidden line removal and sectioning.
- Improvements to data tracking, rollback efficiency, and partition management.