UGS and Hewlett Packard are announcing PLM Appliances, a set of pre-configured PLM software, services, and hardware. The idea is that it easier for a potential customer to justify and buy, and then deploy product lifecycle management.
An Appliance solution is designed for 25 to 1,000 users, and includes:
* UGS Teamcenter software
* Built on the Microsoft Windows Server System
* Running on HP ProLiant servers
* HP OpenView software, storage, networking switches
* Planning, implementation and support service from UGS and HP.
There are three Appliance configurations available:
* Design Management: handles design data from any major CAD system, but only one CAD interface is included; additional interfaces available.
* Managed development environment for NX: same as above, but optimized for UGS NX CAD.
* Lifecycle collaboration: extends Teamcenter to individuals, teams, project managers, suppliers, and partners.
Prices were not announced.