New features in Revit 7 include:
* stacked wall type describes where thickness changes at different heights.
* profile-based mullion types, wall panel support, and improvements to curtain grid lines.
* curtain systems can be placed on any type of face.
* new graphical curtain grid layout tool for regular and irregular spacing.
* new toolbar for drawing walls.
* new subregions are sketch-defined areas hosted by toposurfaces.
* groups support repeating units.
* new structural joist systems, beam setback controls, brace controls, and column-grid attachments.
* nested families are parametrically controlled to create interchangeable subcomponents.
* sections can be segmented to create jogged section views.
* new legend view type creates symbol legends without adding elements to projects.
* revision numbering by project or sheet.
* imports 3D solid geometry, but not NURBS surfaces.
* supports ArchVision RPC image-based rendering.
* graphics, nonrendered views support shadow casting.