The 3D cat long out of the bag
At last year's Bricsys International Conference, the company gave a preview of what to expect in BricsCAD V16. (See https://www.worldcadaccess.com/blog/2014/10/heres-whats-planned-for-3d-in-bricscad-v16-next-year.html.) No 2D or other functions were pre-announced a year ago.
The official BricsCAD V16 announcement will be made today in Munich. Until then, here is what we learned a year ago about new 3D features:
- Direct modeling will get lofting
- Array and mirror in parametrics
- Recognize assembly structures automatically
- Clash detection
- Large and lofted bends in sheet metal
- Different kinds of reliefs in sheet metal
- Associative dimensions and annotations on generated drawings
- Exploded views for assemblies and sheet metals
- Import assembly structures from Solidworks and Inventor
Will all these promises make it into the released version? Stay tuned to this WorldCAD Access blog for all that's new from BricsCAD International Conference 2015, live from BMW World in Munich, Germany.