Some subscribers noted that I haven't kept up with an annual feature in which I wrote about the books I've read. Here we return with this year's list.
- "The Net Delusion: The Dark Side of Internet Freedom"
by Evgeny Morozov
- "The Idealist: Jeffrey Sachs and the Quest to End Poverty"
by Nina Munk
- "Is Reality Secular? Testing the Assumptions of Four Global Worldviews"
by Mary Poplin
- "Resolve and Fortitude: Microsoft's Secret Power Broker Breaks his Silence"
by Joachim Kempin
- "Dogfight: How Apple and Google Went to War and Started a Revolution"
by Fred Vogelstein
- "Ex Friends: Falling Out with Allen Ginsberg, Lionel and Diana Trilling, Lillian Hellman, Hannah Arendt, and Norman Mailer"
by Norman Podhoretz
- "Joseph Anton: A Memoir"
by Salman Rushdie
You can read the book reviews at www.upfrontezine.com/2014/upf-840.htm. This is the last issue of 2014, as upFront.eZine takes its annual break over Christmas. Look for the next issue on January 12.