Visio 2010 is available as a beta download today from www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/visio (requires registration).
Having written a number of books on Visio (98, 2000, and 2002 releases), I was interested to see how far Visio has progressed over the last eight years. After reading the features that Microsoft marketing considers to be among the Top Ten, I was dismayed that little had changed.
Here's a sampling:
- Visio 2010 makes every step in creating diagrams easier.
- Jump-start diagramming with a diverse set of pre-drawn shapes, sample drawings, and templates.
- Add and align shapes easily and accurately.
- Make your diagrams more appealing and professional-looking in seconds.
- Easily connect your diagrams to one or more data sources.
Some one wake up Rip Van Winkle. His software from 1998 is ready. Too bad Autodesk gave up on Actrix.