A brief news item this morning reports that Autodesk bought up all of Hanna Strategies. Who?
Back in April 2006, Autodesk acquired 28% of the company for US$12.5 million, with an option to purchase the other 72% -- for $32 million, presumably. From an earlier report:
The Hanna Strategies investment is intended to provide more efficient resources for the development of new products and the maintenance and enhancement of existing product offerings. Autodesk is currently the only customer of Hanna Strategies.
Sounds like a company that outsources Autodesk's programming to China and India. Because Hanna's Web pages have now "gone black," we'll have to rely on Google's cache to learn this about the company:
Hanna Strategies, Ltd. is among the first software outsourcing service providers in China 's IT industry, specializing in the research and development of computer aided design (CAD) and data management software. It is branched in Shanghai in September 2003, and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
And then there's this touching story, also excavated from the Google cache:
Last fall, Hanna's Charity Organization dedicated made a contribution to the Orphan School in Chengdu. At 1:00 a.m. on Sep. 19th, delegate from our charity arrived at Chengdu Airport with our donations. A long journey made her quite tired. However, when thinking of children in mountain area, she was inspired. Later, she met the local principal and organized donations until 3:30 a.m. On the morning of Sep.19th, after only four hours of sleep, our delegate and other volunteers left for Santai County . It was a 9 hour train ride to the Orphan School. Upon arrival she presented the donations to the school on behalf Hanna Strategies.
Under CEO Dr. Huang, the company has hired 58 employees within 4 months. There is also a Hanna Technologies in India that is a subsiduary.