The second edition of "What's Inside? AutoCAD 2008" ebook is now available, one week after the software became available.
(The first edition was based on a beta of the software; the second edition adds eight pages of new and missing information, and corrects some errors.)
Introducing the first edition, I claimed it contained 2x more information than was available from Autodesk -- based on an informal survey. But now I have the hard number: this ebook gives 34% more info.
Autodesk "New Features Guide"
- lists 128 new and changed commands and system variables
- 74 smaller-size pages
- full color images
- printed on paper but no index
- free with purchase of AutoCAD 2008 (US$3,995 or less)
upFront.eZine Publishing "What's Inside? AutoCAD 2008"
- lists 172 new and changed commands and system variables
- 118 full-size pages
- full color images, plus comparisons with AutoCAD 2007
- fully searchable PDF file
The ebook is available for purchase through PayPal or by cheque. Details at its dedicated Web page.