LetsGoDigital.com has some details about a new digital camera from Samsung. It looks like a digital SLR, but is not. Check these features of the Digimax Pro 815:
- 15x optical zoom (equivalent to 28-420mm) - 3x more than S2.
- Mechanical zoom control located on the lens barrel - that's where it belongs!
- Mechanical manual focus control, also on the barrel.
- 3.5-inch LCD display - 4x the area of the S2.
- 2.5 pictures per second - same as S2.
- hot shoe for external flashes - missing from S2.
- 8 megapixel - 3mp more than S2 - I don't care for more megapixels.
- proprietary battery claimed to be the most powerful for any camera - I prefer common AA batteries.
The specs read like a prosumer camera aimed at Canon's S and G series. You can see a picture of the 815 here. The camera is due out this summer.
Photos of the 815 camera at this Chinese site. One description ntoes that the camera has a second LCD screen on top for low-level shots. (What about overhead shots? Turn the camera upside down?)