IronCAD, the company, now has IronCAD v7, the software, ready for your purchase. Some of the "over 200" features are:
* Convert individual parts into a feature.
* Variable radius blends on surfacess and solids.
* Lofting with multiple guide curves.
* Variable-thickness shelling.
* Conical sheetmetal with unfold.
* And added 3D curve options -- project curve to surface, intersection curve, curve from surface and formula based curve.
* Updated to the latest versions of ACIS and Parasolid kernels.
* Improved neutral file translators for DXF, IGES, STEP, Pro/E Granite and CATIA.
* Free IronCAD part/assembly viewer.
* Web publishing.
* And a new API.
* Properties -- line type, color, layer, and visibility -- on a per-curve basis.
* 2D to 3D associativity.
* Out-of-sync view display.
* Improvements to view creation, dimensioning, BOM display, and editing tools.
* And 2D drag and drop catalogs.
Also, IronCAD part/assembly files now embed HSF [HOOPS stream file] data. This means that any HSF-enabled application can view native IronCAD v7 model and assembly files. IronCAD plans to publish the location of the HSF data in their file format to openhsf.org.
HSF-enabled IronCAD viewers are/will be available free from IronCAD (3D Scene Viewer), Tech Soft America (HOOPS Stream Control and HOOPS Part Viewers), and Informative Graphics (Modelpress Reader).